ASSO sponsors many community-based programs that are committed to helping confront the childhood obesity epidemic.
We are currently in the process of updating our Community-based Programs section and it should be ready soon! Please check back periodically to find out how you can get involved.
How Global Paint is CHANGING Lives and Beautifying the World!
According to the World Health Organization 3 million children die each year from diarrhea and bad germs on interior surfaces including unpainted walls and insanitary conditions, also mosquito viruses result in the deaths of more than 6 million people every year.
- Paint can protect against mold, bacteria and dangerous germs, the presence of which have a disproportionately negative effect on health outcomes in poorer communities.
- Paint can even be mixed with insecticide to stave off mosquitoes, which carry malaria and other viruses like Zika and yellow fever that kill more than 6 million people per year.
- It’s estimated that 80 percent of the world’s homes and schools face the dreary reality of unpainted walls, and more than 70 million children have never had access to a painted classroom.
- 150 million gallons of paints end up as waste worldwide every year.
- Nearly 2.5 billion people in developing countries live on less than $2 a day can’t save enough to buy paint.
Today, globalpaints.org has mobilised over 200 companies across 5 countries to donate their non-consumable paint for the "Paint Your Home" Program. Globalpaints.org collect, consolidate, process and repackage the leftover paint and distribute it across 18 developing countries around the world.